IMPORTANT: If you require technical support for your product, we encourage you to contact the manufacturer directly. If you prefer, you can also return faulty products directly back to the manufacturer, saving your time as well.
This return policy is applicable to all purchases made from online at techtraders.co.nz
To return a product to Tech Traders, please complete our request a return form. All goods to be returned must have a Goods Return Authority issued by us. The issue of a Goods Return Authority does not guarantee that we will accept the return.
All original accessories and packaging must be returned alongside the returned product, including opened products. If you have misplaced or lost anything, we will not issue you any credit.
It is your responsibility to return the product in good condition. Please make sure you package items correctly and securely so they do not get damaged. TechTraders will not accept responsibility for incorrectly packaged or damaged goods.
All of your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act will be fully honoured.
Incorrectly supplied products
If you have accidentally been sent the wrong product, TechTraders will supply the correct product (where available), issue credit or offer a refund. We will meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act, if applicable. Where the Consumer Guarantees Act does not apply, we will replace the wrong product with the correct one, on condition that:
- We are notified within 3 days of purchase and delivery;
- The incorrect product is delivered back to us;
- The incorrect product returned must be in unused or resalable condition.
Products damaged in transit
If your product has been damaged in transit to your delivery address, we will replace your product (where available), issue credit or refund. We will meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act, if applicable. Where the Consumer Guarantees Act does not apply, unless we agree otherwise, you must notify us within 24 hours of delivery in order to be eligible for a replacement, credit or refund.
Products that are faulty upon arrival / first use or otherwise
If the product you received is faulty upon arrival and when the product does not comply with the guarantees under the Consumer Guarantees Act, we will either repair, replace, issue credit or offer refund for your product.
In order to repair, replace, issue credit or refund your faulty product, it will need to be returned to us so we can test and confirm that it is faulty.
We will meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act, if applicable. Where the Consumer Guarantees Act does not apply, all faulty items must be returned within 14 days of purchase and/or delivery.
Changing your mind / purchasing the wrong product by mistake
TechTraders does not usually accept a return if you have simply changed your mind, but sometimes we may accommodate (re-stocking fees may apply). Please note that the Consumer Guarantees Act and Fair-Trading Act do not provide protection if you no longer want the product or the product did not meet your expectations. It is your responsibility to carry out research prior to your purchase.
If you have changed your mind after placing an order and would like TechTraders to cancel the order, TechTraders can cancel most orders that have not been processed.
Please note, there will be restocking fees of 5% if long and/or short-term finance options have been used as a payment method.
TechTraders is not responsible for the compatibility and/or hardware and software configurations of your components. Due to the different configurations available, TechTraders does not guarantee that every component works with your computer system. TechTraders tries to provide as much information as possible on each component but the final decision of compatibility is yours. If the component is not compatible, it does not mean the product is faulty.
Please note that the Consumer Guarantees Act and Fair Trading Act do not provide protection for this reason. You cannot return the item if you no longer want the product or the product did not meet your expectations. It is your responsibility to carry out research prior to your purchase.
Products that we cannot accept for Return and Credit:
- Special Order Items
- Custom Built Systems
- Clearance Items
- If you wish to return any product, you must request a return authorisation (RA) number before you send it back. Please note that, we take no responsibility for any item arriving without an order number or RA number. Sending anything to us without an RA number will be very likely to result in the loss of your item.
- If you have received the wrong items or damaged items, you will need to advise us in writing within 3 days of receiving the item(s) and attach photos of the items received. Otherwise you agree that the correct items have been delivered and that they are in good order (this doesn’t affect any Consumer Guarantees Act rights).
- We are not obligated to accept a return if you have simply changed your mind, but sometimes we may accommodate (re-stocking fee may apply).
- We may provide a forward replacement at our discretion (but we’ll charge your credit card if we don’t receive the item, we’re replacing within a reasonable time period).
- You will need to pay the cost for returning the item, and we recommend using an insured and track-able courier service for your safety, because you, as the shipper, will be responsible any potential damage or loss in transit.